Plant product development and analysis to improve quality and production.
- Spearhead trials for new products and establish qualifications for mill
- Lead projects pertinent to productivity & quality improvements
- Assess new products for properties requirements
- Work with Departmental Metallurgists to specify correct steel grade for application
- Follow new trials to Customer production units
- Understand part / product requirements and machine limitations of applications
- Track new part / product trials at Customers
- Feedback to Operating Departments and Metallurgists with results and improvements.
- Work with customers on cost savings initiatives
- Investigate & Analyze product properties
- Mentor young Metallurgical Graduates on practical and theoretical aspects of CSP steelmaking
- Train people in Metallurgical Testing Laboratory
- 4-year Material Science/Metallurgical Engineering Degree
- Data analysis & management skills (SQL, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SPC, MiniTab, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Capability to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-motivated with strong orientation for continuous improvement and innovation
- Experience in steel product development, rolling or coating operations
- Knowledge of ISO and TS standards
- Ability to implement and conduct training for operations group and customers
Steel Dynamics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.