Job Location: MSM - Crush Plant - Great Falls, MT
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
We have over 20 years of oilseed processing experience and have established a reputation for product quality and excellent service with both customers and growers.
Montana Specialty Mills is a joint venture between Columbia Grain International, a leading worldwide grain and pulse supplier based in Portland, Oregon, and Evans Grain based in Burley, Idaho.
Our new, state-of-the-art crush plant and refinery represents a firm investment in Montana agriculture. Located along the Missouri River in Great Falls, this facility is focused on processing specialty oilseeds. Our Great Falls plant has the capability to load product into railcars, bulk trucks, totes and drums. This facility is designed to process identity-preserved crops, and we offer a wide variety of products and toll processing services.
The Process Operator is responsible for safe operation of the crush or refinery equipment in the Operations Department. The Process Operator will work with the other members of the team to work toward operational goals while maintaining quality and efficiencies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete hourly walkthroughs to check equipment and flow of process (i.e. levels, pressures, temperatures).
- Responsible for pulling samples and checking numbers to ensure operation is in spec.
- Operate production equipment and watch process for leaks or other problems.
- Complete and accurately monitor readings during shift.
- Responsible for processing paperwork per department procedures.
- Communicate process and equipment deficiencies with other operators, maintenance, personnel, and supervisors.
- General housekeeping and upkeep of working area to include sanitation.
- Assist other operators and other departments as needed.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Must have open availability to work a flexible schedule (rotate days and nights) when production requires including; ability to work entire shift, extended shift hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Basic knowledge of working with a computer and mechanical skills.
- Good work ethic (team environment, both safe and quality), efficient and willingness to perform all required work with good attendance.
- Preferred ability to operate Forklift and Bobcat but not required.
Physical Requirements necessary to perform this job
- Must be able to move freely throughout the crush and refinery to include climbing vertical heights (0-150), walking on elevated platforms, carrying tools and equipment (0-50lbs), exposure to extreme temperatures (0-100 degree Fahrenheit), humidity (0-100%), noise (50db to 100bd), and chemical (SDS sheets available).
- Required to wear protective equipment to include hard hat, safety glasses, protective footwear, gloves, coveralls, and other PPE as required.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and RX benefits
- Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement savings plan
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Montana Specialty Mills is an Equal Opportunity Employer