Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
44 miles southeast of Little Rock, Pine Bluff is the tenth-largest city in the state of Arkansas and the county seat of Jefferson County. It is the principal city of the Pine Bluff Metropolitan Statistical Area and part of the Little Rock-North Little Rock-Pine Bluff Combined Statistical Area.
The Evergreen Packaging Pine Bluff Paper Mill is located in Pine Bluff, Arkanas, less than an hour from Little Rock in scenic southeast Arkansas. It is the largest industrial employer in Jefferson County. Opened in 1958, Pine Bluff is the largest facility within Evergreen Packaging and is home to the world's largest gable-top liquid packaging paperboard machine. In addition to producing paperboard for cartons, the facility also produces coated paper for magazines.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected]
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
This position is part of a team at this mill that is responsible for the availability and functionality of the process control systems for an assigned section of the plant. The engineers on this team implement and maintain all functions of the control systems for the process to achieve availability, cost and functionality goals.
- Provide technical expertise to maintain and improve control system performance for a process area.
- Implement and maintain all functions of the Distributed Control Systems and other control systems for the process area.
- Control loop performance analysis, loop tuning and optimization, control system design, configuration, and documentation.
- Support the maintenance department in troubleshooting and correcting instrumentation and/or control problems.
- Work in conjunction with production, maintenance, and engineering in the development and implementation of new control strategies.
- Participate in call rotation for mill wide Process Control systems.
- Routine reporting will be required against plans and targets, as well as special reports for non-typical events.
- Manage the environmental, safety and health elements needed to meet subject facility policy and targets.
- The candidate should have a BS Electrical Engineering degree. BS IT degree with process control experience considered.
- The candidate should have strong analytical and problem solving skills which are demonstrated in personal work history.
- The job requires significant time in the field observing the process and understanding how it is currently controlled to ensure area reliability.
- The candidate will need to be able to work well and collaborate effectively with a broad set of people regardless of position level or skill set.
- The candidate will need to have strong drive and ability to adapt and overcome challenges in order to meet targets.
- A strong aptitude for continued learning and personal growth will be a requirement.
Examples of specific activities:
- Daily ensure that assigned control systems/web inspection systems are fully functional. Resolve any errors or failures either personally or by engaging and overseeing other parties as needed.
- Make system backups on a routine basis.
- Make system modifications as required for the implementation of new control strategies.
- Monitor control loop performance, tune loops, and continually work to reduce control loop variability.
- Participate in daily operational meetings with production and other groups to ensure effective communication and coordination.
- Initiate, direct or promote any modifications to control systems that would improve reliability or cost effectiveness of paper manufacturing areas.
- Develop plans for personal growth and improved job performance for self.
- Develop long -term strategies for subject area manufacturing and maintenance organization to align with future goals of the business.
- Promote and create alignment of group and personal goals with the mill and business.
- Daily demonstrate the ability to adapt and overcome obstacles to meeting targets and goals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.