U.S. Silica is a global performance materials company and a leading producer of commercial silica that is used in a variety of industrial applications and the oil and gas industry. U.S. Silica’s wholly owned subsidiaries include EP Minerals and SandBox Logistics®. EP Minerals is an industry leader in the production of products derived from diatomaceous earth, perlite, engineered clays, and non-activated clays. SandBox Logistics® is an innovative leader in proppant storage, handling, and well-site delivery, dedicated to making proppant logistics cleaner, safer and more efficient.
During our 122- year history, we have developed strengths in mining, processing, logistics and materials science that enable us to produce and cost-effectively deliver over 400 diversified product types to customers across our end markets. Our employees accept challenges, grow as a team, and value working hard and dedication to achieve a common goal. We operate 27 production facilities across the United States and control millions of tons of commercial silica reserves and other materials that are used to produce products that meet American Petroleum Institute ("API") frac sand specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
PROCESS INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL
- Continuous process control
- Responsible for PLC and HMI software development. Develops PID control loops to meet process requirements. Allen Bradley VFD programming and troubleshooting
- Panel design and layout, bill of materials, and wiring schematics capabilities are expected of this position.
- Position is responsible for project controls responsibility on projects. Assists with in house control panel checkout activities. Provides technical guidance to fiefd construction personnel to ensure that construction activities comply with industry standards and project requirements. Performs project check-out and start-up activities and verifies project meets performance compliance.
- Troubleshoots and/or changes existing control programming and Wonderware HMI screens to meet production needs.
- RSLinx and Rockwell Connected Workbench communication; burner control; pumps & fans; field instrument selection, installation, and calibration.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Minimum of 3+ year of process control engineering and manufacturing experience. Must have PLC, Wonderware, HMI and SCADA programming and configuration experience.
- PLC's — Allen Bradley (PLC5 and ControlLogix experience a plus)
- Strong skills required including the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Relates well with others, both up and down the chain of command. Works in a team-based environment.
- Maintaining positive relationships with superintendents as well as operators and mechanics is critical to success.
- Requires the ability to gather information from various sources identify the problem and generate options for solutions. Demonstrates sound judgment in choosing a course of action.
- Essential in solving process problems.
- Working knowledge of E-mail, word processing, spreadsheet and database skills including programming in Visual Basic (a plus). General knowledge of the configuration of Microsoft Operating Systems. Local area network management. Process control software configuration and PLC programming.
- Identifies problems and takes action to resolve them without guidance.
- Job includes a broad scope of work in a constantly changing environment. Process emergencies will interrupt daily work plans.
- Process engineering and process control background in the minerals industry in addition to a knowledge of mineral processing unit operations preferred. Understanding of cost— benefit analysis.
SITE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY and Data Managemenet
- Hardware, software, and network support for all users LAN management
- Plant to plant RF data communications link
- Data collection and storage
- Data security
- SQL Server
- Quick Base knowledge is a plus
INSTRUMENTATION AND ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE
- Troubleshooting assistance to hourly electricians
- Maintain loadout scales
- Maintain loadout computers and software
- Troubleshoot, install and calibrate instrumentation
- P&lD development
- Development of Management of Change procedures and implementation