The primary role of a Vapotherm Account Manager is the successful execution of Sales/Business Development Plans for their assigned territory and the achievement of quarterly and annual sales plan objectives. The Account Manager is responsible for maximizing the sales of Vapotherm products, initiating & building sustainable relationships with Customers/Physicians and ensuring superior customer satisfaction.
- Identifies the needs of each customer and develops quarterly sales plans designed to best meet those needs.
- Develops and implements a plan to secure new business and expand current business.
- Develops and implements a plan for territory call rhythm with guidelines and metrics.
- Executes on strategies designed to open new accounts as well as increase individual account revenue/profitability.
- Participates in the management of Vapotherm’s Medical Education training program for physicians within their territory to ensure that they are confident and competent to safely and effectively utilize Vapotherm’s technology.
- Demonstrates disciplined use of Vapotherm’s CRM/Salesforce.com system to track sales, monitor sales results and analyzes sales data within territory.
- Manages business operations for their territory in accordance with Vapotherm company policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of key customers, the market, industry trends, competitors, and leading competitive strategies.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with Key Customers, Key Opinion Leaders and Strategic Partners within the territory as a means to obtain and provide technical, professional and managerial support for Vapotherm products.
- Provides ongoing communications with customers (hospitals, physicians, and purchasing agents).
- Shares “best practices” and innovative ideas that can impact Vapotherm’s overall success.
- Has a strong knowledge of the Vapotherm Clinical message and can effectively share this message to complete demos and in-services with customers.
An Account Manager must maintain a functional knowledge base which includes being informed on:
- Medical Device Industry
- Vapotherm Product Knowledge
- Competitive Products
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Procedures / Trends
- Clinical Operations
- New Market Opportunities
- Relationship Management
Knowledge, Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years proven track record of success in sales, preferably Medical Device sales
- Lives within the territory that is to be supported
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via car or airplane, operate a motor vehicle, operate a personal computer, visually inspect reports/forms, conduct oral communication via telephone or in person, retrieve and return files, and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.