- Who is Martin Sprocket & Gear?
Martin is a progressive leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk Material Handling Industry, classified as an essential business. We are proud of our rich heritage dating back to our beginning in 1951 as a family-run organization. Fast forward to today, we have more than 30 locations in North America.
Why is it great to work for us?
As an employer of choice, we offer a stable work environment with equal leadership development and career growth opportunities. We take great pride in our people and believe they are our greatest asset.
- Affordable Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Profit Trust Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
- Shift differential's
- 2nd Shift: 6% added to an hourly wage
- 3rd Shift: 8% added to an hourly wage
What will you do?
In this role, you will set up and operate hydraulic presses to compress metal powders into solid metal parts.
- Observes press operations and notifies Lead Person of any malfunctions.
- Examines finished part for nicks, burrs, and cracks.
- Weighs parts on scale and measures dimensions to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Makes necessary adjustments to regulate the amount of powder in part.
- Documents production information such as lot number, number of parts, and date/time of production.
- Measures completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, or calipers.
- Examines completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces, and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Starts machines monitor machine operations and records operational data.
- Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, dimensions, and tolerances.
- Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpieces, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Schedule: 3rd Shift, Sunday - Thursday 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for engaged individuals that are adaptable to a changing environment, take pleasure in learning and enjoy working with others.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Managers, Supervisors, and fellow employees.
- Requires average math skills, simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English, and complete simple logs and reports in English.
- Work scheduled hours and comply with the company's timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Adhere to safety and environmental policies and regulations
- Consistently stand for the entire shift.
- Previous related experience preferred,
- Ability to work with others and be a team player
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company's Paragould, Arkansas branch to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.