A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives—every day.
The Model Maker fabricates and constructs basic components and systems in accordance with engineering specifications, procedures and acceptable industry standards under the guidance of / in support of senior technicians.
This position will serve our Air Division, located in Fort Smith, AR.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Use blueprints and work from drawings as they relate to design of sheet metal components and general component assembly.
- Use design and manufacturing related computer-aided design (CAD) software to evaluate basic problems.
- Operate, repair and maintain hand tools, welding, brazing, basic fabrication equipment to form basic components in keeping with accepted practices.
- Connect and assemble equipment and systems in accordance with engineering specifications or accepted practices.
- Operate computer systems to document task records and reports, manage task documentation, fabrication equipment operation and project status reporting.
- Write reports covering project conditions, procedures, results, conclusions and recommendations.
- Manage electronic communications, assigned tasks and task documentation in accordance with company policy.
- Provide regular verbal and written reports summarizing project results and conclusions to project leaders.
- Complete assigned tasks and participate in R&D design development teams according to defined requirements.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Associate degree, Vo-tech Degree, or equivalent experience required. Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of:
- General drafting standards and CAD systems ·
- Sheet metal, tubing and assembly design and design fabrication
- Design fabrication equipment operation, maintenance and repair
- Office, email, calendar, document and file management software use
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently or within a team atmosphere
- Individual task management skills
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.