Job Location: Twin Falls - Twin Falls, ID
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 Salary/year
Travel Percentage: Company Training
Job Category: Skilled Labor - Trades
Stotz Equipment is seeking a full-time Precision AG Service Technician. A successful candidate will be a self-motivated, "hands-on" individual that has a passion for agriculture technology evolution and experience in the agriculture industry. This individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining customer relationships with new and existing agriculture management systems technology, developing and managing long-term customer relationships, and maximizing gross margin contribution through sales of Precision Ag software and services. Will coordinate and work trade shows, coordinate customer clinics, and sales presentations to large groups. Will work in the field, in the service shop, and occasionally in the office.
What you'll do
- Make field calls to troubleshoot and repair systems
- Perform updates on software
- Train customers and internal employees on new equipment
- Set up customer clinics on new John Deere systems.
- Day-to-day responsibilities could vary with new responsibilities introduced often and will require someone who is organized and able to complete long-term projects while simultaneously solving day-to-day problems.
- Work must be completed in a safe, professional, and timely manner
- Must enjoy a mix of Sales, Service, and Support
What it Takes
- Able to work a varying work schedule/shift and be flexible in order to respond to after-hours calls.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Have and maintain a clean driving record
- Able to work in inclement weather
- Must own your own tools
- 3+ years of technical experience in operating and supporting precision farming products such as GIS, VRT, GPS,
- Spatial Analysis, and Telematics or working with new and developing technology such as Computer software, GPS, Data
- Management, Land-leveling systems, Sensors, NDVI, etc.
- Experience working with large AG equipment, familiarity with John Deere Greenstar systems
- Experience with irrigation systems, especially Sub-Drip Irrigation (SDI), irrigation scheduling, and consulting
- Experience with fertility scheduling and consulting.
- Understands data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated agronomic consulting and skills
- Certified Crop Advisor accreditation.
- Skills in managing risk, managing change, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Understanding of John Deere (or equivalent) vehicles and implements
- Required: High School or better
- Preferred: Some college or better in Business Administration or related field.
- Prefer 1 year of experience as an agriculture service technician.
- Prefer 3 years of technical experience related to precision agriculture such as GIS, VRT, GPS, Spatial Analysis, and Telematics or working with new and developing technology such as Computer software, GPS, Data Management, and Land-leveling systems, Sensors, NDVI, etc.
- Fluent in Spanish is helpful but not required
What You’ll Get
- Training through John Deere University.
- Some college-level courses in Agronomy, Telematics, GPS, Remote Sensing, or other related courses.
- A chance to work for the best in the business, and comprehensive employee benefits and incentive program.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and 401K plans.
About the Company
The company, founded as Arizona Machinery in 1947 has been under the same family's leadership since. Tom Rosztoczy, CEO of Stotz Equipment since 1998, has grown our company from 3 to 24 dealerships operating in 8 western states. In 2013, all dealerships were consolidated under the name Stotz Equipment. The name Stotz -- a shortened version of the family's last name -- was suggested by employees to make sure our growing company never loses sight of its family history. With a history of success, Stotz is always looking toward the future. Growth plans for the future will offer you an ever-changing and challenging environment with immense professional growth opportunities. Stotz Equipment believes that people are the company's number one asset. People are the starting point in the company's Circle of Success. Every employee at Stotz strives toward our ambitious vision of "To be the Best Equipment Dealer in the World".