PPM Utility Laborer- Full-Time Regular- Ongoing Maint.- Hiring ASAP (NPPD-GGS) 9.3
Backed by more than 40 years of experience and one of the industry's leading safety performance records, PPM, helps clients address the complex challenges inherent in today's manufacturing and industrial facilities environment. Our wide experience in meeting industrial plant maintenance needs enables us to implement systems and processes that keep your facilities and equipment running at consistently optimum levels.
Job Title: -- Laborer Utility
Job Summary: --
Performs unskilled tasks as required by the foreman. Duties can include Plant Support activities (mowing, industrial cleaning, etc., tool room attendant, runner, clean up, or general labor) but duties are not limited to these assignments. May be required to perform small maintenance jobs. A minimum of one (1) year of experience is desired. A minimum of one (1) year of power plant maintenance or construction work experience is desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Perform Preventive Maintenance functions as assigned.
- Change light bulbs, correct plumbing and drain stoppage.
- Install chalkboards and bulletin boards.
- Do miscellaneous bench work.
- Know and exercise all safety precautions as far as the equipment operations.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- Perform assigned duties during drills and emergencies.
GENERAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: --
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form in the English language. This includes communicating with a diverse population and in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Past history of regular and punctual attendance.
- Able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Capability for extensive bending, lifting, and walking, and for handling hazardous substances used in the course of work.
- The ability to wear a properly fitted respirator while performing work; and the ability to read, write and speak English. Requires ability to maintain professional manner when dealing with employees and the public.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and proven good driving record.
- Ability to Lift up to 50 lbs., and ability to stand, walk, climb, stoop, bend, and sit frequently sometimes for extended periods.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled