Role and Responsibilities
This position is primarily responsible to help ensure proper operation, maintenance and repair of all Powerhouse systems, providing uninterrupted supply of power to all locations on property.
Specific duties include:
· Proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of five units of KV switch gears, three 2.2 M.W. Wasilla generators (4160 volt with distribution system), two 700 horsepower 150psi Cleaver Brooks steam boilers, four centrifuges, five Air Compressors, and seven Deep Well Pumps.
· Monitor and record inventory used and on hand.
· Aid in execution of special projects.
· Timely and accurate maintenance of Powerhouse log records.
· High attention to detail and correction in safety.
· Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear.
· The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
· Employee is exposed to fumes, water spray and airborne particles.
· The employee works in close proximity to moving mechanical parts, machines and equipment.
· The noise level in the work environment of the plant requires hearing protection and/or other personal safety equipment, including eye protection.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Must have previous experience in related field of work.
· Knowledge of generators, steam boilers, air compressors, centrifuges, glycol heating systems and electrical distribution.
· Ability to recognize, report, and correct safety hazards for self and others.
· Ability to create and maintain a safe work environment in accordance with WSI’s safety procedures and policies.
· Great organizational and communication skills.
· Ability to recognize and solve problems.
· Pleasant and professional manner in dealing with co-workers and supervisors.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Ability to understand, speak, read, and write the English Language.