Responsible for the overall operation and serviceability of boilers, air compressors, water supply system and fire pumps and their associated systems and auxiliary equipment and components. Monitors, adjusts and records equipment information as required. Insures equipment and processes are operating within specifications and that all applicable rules, regulations and standards at plant, city, county, state and federal levels are adhered to. Operates waste water treatment plant in absence of waste water treatment operator/technicians. Performs economically feasible repairs to the greatest extent possible with stocked or purchased parts and available tools. This is a 7 days on and 2 days off rotating shift job.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Works in a safe and orderly manner at all times. Obeys plant, department and area rules and regulations and proactively encourages other team members to do so.
- Obtains, maintains and wears or uses all necessary safety equipment as directed by work instructions or area supervisor.
- Attends shift, department and plant meetings in a timely manner as directed by supervisor.
- Operates, monitors and adjusts as required the following equipment:
- Boilers and associated systems and equipment
- Air compressors and dryers
- Water supply system and associated systems and equipment
- Wastewater treatment plant and associated systems and equipment in absence of wastewater treatment plant operator/technicians.
- Electrical and diesel powered fire pumps
- Maintains process integrity with proper documentation and observance of process records
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area at all times.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good
attendance is required. Overtime, including working extended shift hours and/or during scheduled days off, may be required.
Educational Skills and Experience
- High School diploma, G.E.D. certificate or recognized equivalent.
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language sufficient enough to perform the following:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and supervision
- Read and comprehend process instructions
- Record pertinent process information as required
- Ability to read and interpret analog and digital gauges
- Minimum 1 year of verifiable experience in a position with similar duties and responsibilities.
- Current Boiler Operator license issued in the state or jurisdiction of the facility. Must keep license current as a condition of employment for this job.
- Must have an Arkansas Industrial Waste Water Treatment Operator's license. Must keep license(s) current as a condition of employment for this job. Must be able to obtain a Water Distribution Operator Grade 1 and a Water Treatment Operator Grade 2 License. Must keep licenses current as a condition of employment for this job.
- Must satisfactorily pass the Mechanic's mechanical aptitude evaluation.
- Ability to make minor plumbing and mechanical repairs as required in a timely manner.
Must own and maintain a complimentary set of hand tools sufficient to perform all duties presently required and must be willing to obtain replacement/additional hand tools as required. Employer will supply and maintain any required tooling deemed as 'special' or of extremely limited use.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable challenged individuals to perform the essential functions provided this accommodation does not adversely affect other employees.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; extreme heat; explosives and vibration. Eye protection in the form of approved safety glasses with side shields or approved safety goggles is required. Approved steel-toe safety shoes are required. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and requires hearing protection to be worn in the work area.
- Vision correctable to 20/20 with normal color vision, depth perception and peripheral vision
- Ability to repeatedly lift and move up to 40 lbs. unaided
- Ability to stand or sit for up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to frequently kneel, crouch, bend or extend reach as required to perform tasks
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs
- Ability to grasp and feel small parts
Note: One or more of the Physical Demands may be waived to enable challenged individuals the opportunity of employment provided this accommodation does not adversely affect other employees.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled