- Empty all trash receptacles and dumpsters around the facility.
- Keep trash collected and contained around the facility.
- Keep grounds free from rubbish, litter, and debris.
- Keep trash in the dump area contained.
- Compact all recyclable paper and cardboard products.
- Deliver collected refuse to the city dump.
- Pick up, unload, and deliver freight to various areas of the plant as needed.
- Keep a current inventory of paper products.
- Pick up and deliver OBI Petersburg’s incoming/outgoing mail and packages.
- Assist with maintaining site landscaping.
- Prioritize and complete projects on time.
- Forklift certification is required.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized, and safe work area.
- Prompt, reliable, and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be responsible and dependable.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Must be willing and able to work in a team atmosphere and independently.
- Must be willing and able to live and work in a multicultural environment.
- Must always be professional and represent OBI with the highest standards.
- Enforce company and safety policies.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current CDL license class B, or willingness to obtain one.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills.
- Experience in the seafood industry.
- Clean driving record and a valid US Driver’s license.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast past environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Able to work well with other departments.
- Pay is DOE. This is an hourly position that is eligible for overtime pay. In Alaska, overtime is one and one-half times the regular hourly rate and is paid for hours worked over 8 hours in a day and after 40 hours are worked in a week.
- Excellent benefits are available, including medical, dental, prescription, vision plans, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand, sit at a desk, walking around office and plant, lifting, and carrying packages up to 50 pounds, utilizing fine dexterity. Requires reaching, kneeling, crawling, and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see, hear, and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by OBI Seafoods, will be provided.
- Position will be exposed to different levels of stress and responsibilities.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties, and training as assigned.
OBI Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer and provides for the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of women, handicapped persons, Disabled, Veterans, and members of all ethnic minority groups in all areas of work.
OBI Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/VETS/DISABILITY