About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit: www.textron.com.
About Textron Sweden AB
Textron Sweden AB are part of the Textron GSE family. The Textron GSE family of brands represents ground support equipment product lines and service solutions that have served the world’s airlines, freight carriers and airports for more than 150 combined years. Textron Sweden AB designs and manufactures purpose-built, high-end aircraft deicing solutions under the Safeaero brand at our facility in Trelleborg.
Textron Sweden has two main operations: 1) the manufacture and sale of ground support equipment (GSE), in particular deicing equipment, and 2) the distribution of Arctic Cat snowmobiles and off-road vehicles in the Nordin region.
We are looking for a Plant Controller to join our team in Trelleborg. This role provides an opportunity to fain a breadth of experience in a small to mid-size enterprise with exposure to US corporate culture. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual seeking a challenge, who has the drive and ambition to become a leader within the finance/accounting function.
SAP is used for all ERP and accounting functions. As part of a US-based publicly owned company, day-to-day accounting is based on US GAAP, and the business has a requirement to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley with regard to compliance and disclosure.
The roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all accounting operations (A/R, A/P, G/L, inventory, cost accounting, revenue recognition, capex, etc.)
- Leading the month end closing process (posting journal entries, performing account reconciliations, preparing expense accruals, analyzing month end flux, submitting final actuals to Textron for consolidation, etc.)
- Preparing monthly financial statements and other operational reports for site (whitebook actuals, monthly KPI, analysis of production hours, labor utilization, inventory levels and aging, etc.)
- Providing timely, relevant, and accurate reporting and analysis of results against historical, budgeted, and forecasted results
- Providing proactive/unsolicited consultation, interpretation, and education of financial and operational matters to various departmental leaders to drive business decisions
- Monitoring and implement plant internal controls in accordance with corporate policies
- Managing recurring statutory reporting (monthly VAT reporting, SCB surveys, etc.)
- Managing the annual physical inventory count and financial analysis of results
- Assisting with P&L, balance sheet, and cash forecasting as required
- Preparing annual budget
- Identifying non-value-added processes within the department and recommend solutions
- Providing support to all ad hoc projects (financial analysis, variance analysis, etc.)
Skills, Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Fluent in both Swedish and English
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of VAT accounting and reporting
- Knowledge of Swedish statutory accounting principles
- Proficiency in MS Office products, especially MS Excel (Vlookup, pivot table, sumif, etc.)
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Excellent communication skills, internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate professionalism and a high level of discretion
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude and passion to learn and grow
- Must be a team player and act cooperatively with the business
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
Desirable Skills, Education and Experience:
- Previous experience with SAP software
- Previous experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) system
- Understanding of Swedish corporation and pension taxes
- Experience with financial modeling