The Parts Representative is responsible for assisting customers by properly identifying needed items, using parts catalogs and computer system, billing merchandise orders, and making necessary entries to the inventory control system, while distributing special order parts, receiving warranty parts, maintaining shelf stock and performing all other duties as assigned by the Parts and Product Support Manager.
- Pull internal (sales and service) and external customer parts upon request.
- Advise customers on substitution or modification parts as needed.
- Track lost sales.
- Examine returned parts to determine if defective and exchange part or provide refund.
- Maintain cleanliness in work area daily (i.e. all parts, tools, and equipment put away, trash removed, etc.).
- Process payment transactions and balance register.
- Check in and put away daily incoming freight and stock orders.
- Place service orders for non-stock parts.
- Ensure technicians receive correct parts according to demand.
- Maintain part return records.
- Process monthly returns of low usage parts to dealer.
- Mark and store parts in stockroom according to the prearranged system.
- Promptly restock all unsold merchandise and properly tag defective items to place in warranty bins.
- Return all unsold merchandise immediately to the correct stock location.
- Ship all internal and external customer orders.
- Load and unload all LTL (less than truckload) deliveries (excluding tractors) for Parts, Sales and Service departments.
- Notifies Parts Manager of discrepancies between inventory records and shelf quantities.
- Controls expenses to increase profitability.
- Promote dealerships specials and suggest parts and service sales.
- Perform phone sales in accordance with the company’s guidelines, direction or action plans.
- Achieve working knowledge of Parts Inventory Control system.
- Stay current on new procedures for shipping, returning and ordering parts.
- Stay current on new product bulletins and catalogs.
- Attend store meetings and training classes.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Fill all batteries with necessary fluids for Parts, Service and Sales departments.
- Pick up and deliver parts for customers and vendors as needed.
- Assist with annual physical inventory.
- Assist with other duties assigned and directed by corporate management within the framework of Murphy Tractor and Equipment Company, Inc.’s objectives.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to show promote and sell products.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Basic knowledge of office machines, including copier, fax and printer.
- Able to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of the customer or coworkers.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to process work with accuracy.
- Meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to complete required documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology and structure.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Able to work overtime, including evenings and/or weekends. Able to stand for an extensive amount of time. Able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs.
One year certificate from a college or technical school or at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience includes: Shipping/Receiving, Parts Distribution and ability to drive a Fork Lift.