PT WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
Who we are:
United Electric Supply Co. Inc. is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned company that is a major supplier of electrical products, and advanced services for the construction and industrial markets. They offer a full range of electrical products and services with concentrations in industrial automation, building automation, lighting, wire/cable/conduit, distribution and control, data communications, electro-mechanical and energy solutions. With over 300 employees, United is headquartered in New Castle, Delaware with locations throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
The Warehouse position is the entrée into our organization that teaches employees how we efficiently & effectively move material to meet the needs of our customers. The function of a Warehouse Worker is to perform duties in the warehouse which contribute to a safe, accurate, well-coordinated shipping, receiving, and customer service operation.
Successful Warehouse Workers have found opportunities to progress throughout our Distribution Center operation & even grow into other roles at one of our branch locations.
- Receives incoming materials, checking packing slips against actual merchandise received. Inspects materials for obvious defects.
- Stocks shelves, ensuring materials are in their designated area.
- Pulls materials from warehouse shelves to fill current orders, back orders, inter-branch transfers, and will call orders.
- Carefully identifies quantities and customer specifications.
- Utilizes RF guns for much of the picking & packing function.
- Packs and ships materials in designated cartons per customer order and department procedures.
- Assists with loading and unloading trucks.
- Receives and hangs reels of wire in designated area.
- Cuts wire to customer specification for counter, will call, and other specific sales orders.
- Assists customers with pipe purchases.
- Communicates with the sales department when material ordered is not available.
- Adhere to all United Electric health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Act in a safe and positive manner always, ensure that those around you do not put themselves or others at risk. Your personal safety is your responsibility.
- Complete an accident/Incident report for any safety and/or health infractions that occur or witnessed.
- Shift is Monday to Friday from 8am-12pm.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. several times a day, bend, twist, and climb
- Minimum High School diploma
- Must be physically in the building.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.