View more related jobs
Part Time Environmental Technician (Arapahoe, NE)
The Maschhoffs, LLC • Arapahoe, NE
Typical Duties of an Environmental Operations Technician include:
- Operate and maintain equipment related to manure application across the operating geography. Duties will include direct responsibility for manure application, maintaining a comprehensive set of records, and ensuring proper calibration of application equipment.
- Working knowledge of application equipment. Fundamental working knowledge of regulatory requirements for nutrient management, application rate calculations, calibration calculations, record-keeping, and manure sampling protocols.
- Knowledge, awareness, and adherence to the policies governing safety and environment.
- Assist with farm and application equipment maintenance program.
- Participate in Emergency Response and Environmental Safety programs
- Equipment operator for row crop operations.
- Seasonal overnight travel to remote locations in the Midwest.
1) Knowledge of:
- Manure application and transfer systems
- Computer systems, agricultural software and GPS
2) Ability to:
- Communicate and motivate personnel
- To maintain accurate, complete and timely records
- Work independently while functioning in a team-oriented environment
- Lift 75 lbs
- Operate Heavy equipment for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, kneel, stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to handle exposure to manure, dust, odors, and noise for extended periods