WHO DOESN’T LIKE EXTRA $$$? Join the FAST Global Solutions Team and receive a $2,500 Sign-On Bonus!
SUMMARY: Abrades surfaces of parts by sand blasting to remove adhering scale, paint, grease, tar, rust and dirt. Operates cone, disk, or nozzle type electrostatic painting equipment within designated paint booths. Required to perform other miscellaneous tasks as supervision deems necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Shovels or pours abrasives such as sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper.
· Masks specified areas of object to protect from abrading action.
· Loads parts on racks in enclosed rooms, into tumbling barrels, or into cabinets.
· Regulates pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle or into tumbling barrel.
· Starts equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive laden compressed air, gas, or liquid over surface of parts.
· Directs nozzle over surface of large parts or inserts arms through glove fitted cabinet openings and manipulates small parts under nozzle for specified interval.
· Examines finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
· Adjusts valves and observes gauges to set pressure and to control flow of paint to each spray station.
· Inspects painted units for runs, sags, and unpainted areas.
· Readjusts pressure valves to control direction and pattern of spray and to correct flaws in coating.
· Cleans paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyor hooks or grid, and from disks, cones, spray heads, and hoses.
· Hand sprays parts to cover unpainted areas or apply rust preventative.
· Mixes paint according to specifications with viscometer to regulate consistency.
· Completes all weekly, daily and monthly 5S tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE): High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ERP software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or Dynamics D365 is preferred.
· Stand: Continuously (8-10 hours)
· Walk: Frequently (2-4 hours)
· Sit: Rarely (grinding small parts)
· Lift to/from floor: Up to 50 lbs. occasionally (components), up to 25 lbs. frequently (components)
· Lift overhead: Up to 40 lbs. occasionally (components), 25 lbs. frequently (components)
· Lift waist level: Up to 50 lbs. occasionally (components), up to 25 lbs. frequently (components)
· One or two hands carry: 25 lbs. for 10 feet (components)
· Push/pull: Up to 50 lbs. force (total 92 lbs. force) to initiate movement of large carts with two employees, rarely up to 38 lbs. force (total 75 lbs. force) to initiate movement of carts with two employees, frequently
· Elevate work (reaching): Frequently (painting, grinding, blasting)
· Twist: Occasionally (painting, grinding, blasting)
· Bend: Frequently (painting, grinding, blasting)
· Squat: Frequently
· Kneel or crouch: Frequently (painting, grinding, blasting)
· Crawl: Rarely
· Stair climb: Occasionally (rolling stairs)
· Ladder climb: Occasionally
· Balance: Frequently (walking or standing around machines, equipment, in blasting area with grit on the floor)
· Manual dexterity: Frequently (moving parts)
· Firm grasp: Continuously (holding paint gun, grinding)
Lifting more than 50 lbs. is performed by two employees or mechanical assistance is required.
· Rare: 1-5% of day
· Occasional: 6-33% of day
· Frequent: 34-66% of day
· Continuous: 67-100% of day
· May be inside 95% of the shift, outside 5% to get material of place finished product outside, temperature exposure is usually 70-100 degrees inside near ovens, and outside varies between -20 to 100 degrees + with high humidity in the summer.
· Confined spaces: Slight
· High elevations: Slight
· Moving objects: Moderate (forklift, carts)
· Noise level: Severe
· Slippery surface: Moderate (floor sweats in summer, outside may be slippery in winter)
· Vibration: Moderate (grinding)
· Air pollution: Moderate (paint dust, blasting booth)
VISION AND HEARING REQUIRED:
· Near vision and depth perception: Significant
· Far vision: Minimal
· Color discrimination: Significant
· Hearing sensitivity: Significant
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Eye protection, safety shoes, protective clothing, ear plugs, bump hat (underneath paint line) and certified respirator.