Packaging Operator - Night Shift ($3000 Sign on Bonus!)
The packer position assembles shipping containers, packs finished product into them and prepares them for shipment. The packer may also function as a relief operator when needed.
• Plans, assembles, fabricates or repairs crates, boxes, cartons and other packaging containers of large or unusual size or shape
• Prepares finished products for shipment or storage by placing them in proper shipping containers
• Mark or identify containers with destination information
• Function as a Relief Operator in all areas of the plant where assigned
• When assigned to specific operation area, complete all duties as associated with that assignment in a safe and effective manner
• Perform sanitation duties as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule with particular attention to lockout/tag out and confined space entry when required
• Assist the plant to meet or exceed production goals
• Maintain a clean, safe work environment that promotes associate safety and product integrity
• All associates are responsible for the safety, quality and food safety in their work area
• Standing on a concrete floor
• Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
• Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 55 lbs
• Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes, such as hot to cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
• Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
• Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
• Successful completion of a substance screening and background check
• 3+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines
• 2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
• Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
• Knowledge of inventory control principles
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.