Owner Site Representative
Owner Site Representative
Under broad direction, the Owner Site Representative is a Construction Superintendent supporting project work on a working plant facility, reviewing work for safety and quality.
This position is located at a client site in Newark, DE. No Per Diem or Relocation will be offered.
- Primary representative to the contractor from the operations, maintenance, laboratories and capital projects
- Capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the area(s) where the contractor(s) are working and is willing to take prompt action to address hazards and reconcile problems.
- Able to gain knowledge of the process area
- Contractors are approved in ISN
- Walking down the scope of work with the Contractors to ensure understanding of work and the associated hazards
- Ensure contractors to perform work are trained to:
- Review site conditions
- Relevant life critical standards
- Task they are performing
- Machinery they are using
- Track, inspect (MIQA, etc.) and store incoming equipment for capital projects and relevant maintenance projects
- Authorizing work permits on behalf of Ops, maintenance, or capital project group
- Authorizing or obtaining additional permits or satisfies other requirements to do work: Hot Work, confined space entry, continuous monitoring, equipment isolation and lock outs and others as needed.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and I.F.F. safety requirements
- Auditing safety and environmental in the field (Capability to identify hazards and advise contractors to accordingly/ ensure all findings are closed in a timely manner Avoid co-employment/Co-management issues
- Report any near misses, incidents, or injuries
- Monitoring for quality, cost, schedule, and scope of work compliance
- Goods receipts for capital projects
- Service Entry Sheets for capital projects
- Post-job critique including lessons learned (for capital projects)
- 10+ years related experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to function as an individual lead
- Strong interpersonal skills, communications & ability to collaborate.
- Ability to lead multiple projects/tasks and drive projects to completion with strong operability to support reliable, high-quality production.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Work is located at a chemical plant and requires exposure to ambient temperature extremes
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as fire retardant clothing, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots
- Day-to-day physical requirements involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs frequently, etc
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
- May require walking the project property
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits, which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability and our Zero Harm culture.
These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient and safer.
We Deliver – Together.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.