ITC Service Group is a leading provider of broadband installation, planning, wireless, design and staffing solutions to the telecommunications industry. With over 40 years’ experience in the telecom business, as we continue to grow we recognize that we are only as successful as the people we employ. We provide competitive pay, a positive atmosphere, and career development opportunities. Whether you are just beginning to think about your next job or have already decided to make a meaningful move, we want to talk to you.
ITC Service Group is seeking experienced OSP Engineers to work remotely. The OSP Engineer will provide their expertise and experience with OSP Design, including aerial, and buried/underground OSP design.
This is a Remote work opportunity. Can be done form Anywhere, USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• In this role, you will collaborate and contribute to multiple projects, including fiber design for FTTP distribution and feeder, You will provide economical, innovative, achievable solutions to challenges presented. Advise, consult, and coordinate with other departments on network requirements and development of implementation plans.
• Ensure network standards and practices are followed and enforced. Maintain accurate and extensive
records of the various databases. Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction in your daily responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• All candidates are subject to a mandatory pre-employment background check, drug screen,
physical exam, and must possess and hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and specifications
• PC Literacy and fluency in Microsoft Office, and various operating systems
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
• Excellent customer interaction and development skills
• Must be flexible, reliable and a self-starter
• Some nights and weekend work may be required
• Must be capable of multi-tasking and able to make sound decisions
• Previous experience drafting basic and complex work orders in G/COMM and/or NDS to add, upgrade, or remove copper, fiber, and pole outside plant facilities based on engineering instructions desired but not required
• Previous experience at Hawaiian Telcom or CenturyLink in an OSP Engineer or similar capacity
• Understanding of cable counts and network allocation especially fiber
• Able to Design and Plan F1 and F2 Design
• Understanding of FTTP brownfield and greenfield
• Ability to review field data and determine a buildable solution both Aerial and UG
• Strong ability to perform in a highly technical and complex project, understanding all aspects while working with a team to advise on solutions
Education and/or Certifications
• Four-years experience as an OSP engineer or related field for an ILEC
• Work involves sitting for long periods of time, reaching. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Working under strict timelines and stress.
• Employee is expected to be on the job and on time every scheduled workday. Engineering Managers work hours can change from day to day. It is his/her responsibility to know when the workday starts and ends on each scheduled workday. If it is necessary that you will be absent or late for any reason, employee needs to call direct manager by 8:00 am on the first and each subsequent day the employee will be absent or late. If employee is absent for more than 3 days a doctor’s note (explanation) is required.
• Due to the nature of ITC’s business, its clients and other needs, the employment relationship is, and is intended to be, “At Will.” This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between ITC and employee. By no means is this job description inclusive of all duties; in that employee will be required to perform all duties as directed by his or her supervisor. This job description is subject to change by ITC as the needs of ITC and requirements of the job change.
ITC Service Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law