WesTech Engineering, LLC provides process solutions for water and wastewater treatment, liquids/solids separation, and biological treatment needs worldwide. We are proud of the equipment and systems we design, build, maintain, and operate are making the world a better place and creating a more sustainable environment for future generations.
WesTech Engineering has an immediate need for an Operations Technician 1 located in Moss Point, Mississippi. This position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all equipment in the water treatment plant.
WesTech offers a generous benefit package which includes a 401k match up to 6%, full health benefits including employer HSA contribution, wellness premium differential, company-paid life insurance, along with PTO days, paid holidays and much more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs water sample testing to analyze and optimize plant efficiency
- Maintains accurate and complete records and logs of all plant operations
- Calibrates the various mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment associated with the plant
- Diagnoses and repairs various electric pumps, drive units, reducers, pneumatic valves, solenoid valves associated with plant operation
- Quickly and clearly communicates any malfunctions or operational problems
- Understands the mechanical and scientific principles of each piece of equipment and a pro-active ability to troubleshoot equipment.
- Must have a general understanding of total suspended solids (TSS), turbidity, pH, sedimentation, general chemistry reactions and coagulation in order to determine and perform operational adjustments
- Understanding and commitment to safety
- Works with water treatment chemicals
- Associate Degree or higher in an engineering related field OR equivalent trade certification
- Must possess exceptional organization and English communication skills
- Knowledge of nomenclature and conventional symbols of structural, mechanical and engineering drawings
- Ability to read and interpret operation and maintenance manuals and equipment drawings
- Ability to make mathematical calculations related to the work
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed technical instructions
- Ability to maintain records and drawings relative to the work
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all department personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Effectively works in a team environment leading and prioritizing daily tasks and operations
- Effectively uses Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe and other basic office software to document operations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering or related field
- Two or more years of experience in water treatment plant operations
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand, bend, see, hear, and speak.
- Ability to work at heights, in confined spaces, and/or with chemicals
- Ability to work at computer/desk and lab table
WesTech considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.