About the Position
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for directing the work of associates in the warehouse/distribution environment. This position is responsible for the safety and quality of work for departments and areas of responsibility.
• Determine work volume, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow to ensure maximum cost effectiveness within the department.
• Assign duties and examine work for quality, neatness, and conformity to policies and procedures.
• Schedule job assignments for periodic and/or special inventories.
• Monitor, direct, and (when necessary), perform, the accurate shipping of outbound orders.
• Issue written and oral instructions to associates as needed or required.
• Ensure associate accountability in accordance with corporate standard operating procedures.
• Work to maintain harmony among associates and resolve grievances.
• Manage employee time including edits and corrections
• Mentor and coach associates, including corrective actions as well as performance evaluations.
• Assume responsibility for monitoring zoning and product database development during the
• receiving process.
• Perform training of policies, procedures, and Standard Works to ensure processes are followed.
• Assist Safety Advocate with all aspects of Safety Program and participate on the Safety Committee.
• Assist in the development of processes and process improvements.
• Misc. tasks as assigned by the General Manager
• Bachelor degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college; or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of three years of experience in warehousing, distribution, or related required.
• Minimum of six months supervisory experience
• PC and computer skills including Microsoft Office.