Job Location: Great Falls Office - Great Falls, MT
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Columbia Grain International, LLC. is a long time established full-service grain company in the grain and pulses business. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon and own/operate over 50 elevators and offices throughout WA, ID, MN, MT, NE and ND to support our domestic and export sales program.
We are a mid-size company with just over 450 employees overall. The employees at Columbia Grain, at all levels of our organization, represent some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We are proud of our ability to attract and maintain talented, efficient, long term, community minded employees who can develop lasting relationships with producers and customers both domestic and around the world.
The Operations Project Manager will be responsible for planning, overseeing, and executing operations projects across the organization, from ideation to completion. They will be coordinate resources, people, processes, budget to deliver exceptional results that align to business outcomes.
They will act as primary point of contact for all stakeholders and be the liaison between the project team and Executive Committee. They will be responsible to identify and mitigate risks that could impact successful completion of projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage project team to execute operations project effectively and efficiently.
- Define scope, budget and schedule for operations project.
- Identify project risks and recommend appropriate resolutions.
- Develop project budget in consideration with cost optimization and reduction goals.
- Track, monitor and control expense based on budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure project execution within defined budget and timelines.
- Manage and lead scope changes for operations project.
- Manage resource assignment, work allocation and software and hardware requirements for operations project.
- Conduct regular project status meetings with project team.
- Address questions and concerns of project team, management and customers in professional and confident manner.
- Provide project progress status, delays and issues to customers in timely manner.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet customer expectations.
- Provide support and guidance to project team as and when needed.
- Develop and implement project management procedures and methodologies to achieve business goals.
- Conduct performance review and provide performance feedback to staff.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelors or higher degree in a related field
- PMP certification preferred
- Understanding of environmental, or health and safety requirements a plus
- Strong problem solving and technical skills.
- Good work ethic (team environment, both safe and quality), efficient and willingness to perform all required work with good attendance.
- OSHA 30 certification preferred, will train.
- Up to 50% travel required
Physical Requirements necessary to perform this job
- Must be able to move freely throughout the operations plant to include walking on elevated platforms, standing, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, and crawling
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and move up to 100 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme climate temperatures, humidity, and noise
- Must be able to work in high places and confined spaces
- Required to wear protective equipment to include hard hat, safety glasses, protective footwear, gloves, coveralls, and other PPE as required.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and RX benefits
- Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement savings plan
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer