Grainger is North America's leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers' operations running and their people safe.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
The Onsite Services Representative (OSR) reports to a Supervisor or Manager of Onsite Services and supports assigned customers by managing their inventory, providing outstanding customer service, driving account growth though customers' inventory management (KeepStock) program. Onsite Service Representatives (OSRs) also work with partners to implement sales strategy and to help customers understand how Grainger can provide solutions to their business' MRO needs.
- Service multiple customer locations with the following specific responsibilities:
- Receive and stock purchased product in designated customer locations, ensure product stocking levels by scanning for ordering purposes as inventory is depleted
- Gain knowledge of Grainger's offer to help improve orders through system integration.
- Resolve customer problems promptly to retain and promote customer loyalty.
- Follow designated route defined by routing software tools and maintain route guides.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities in productivity, process, and cycle time
- Comply with safety and inspection requirements of the facility where the service is being provided.
- Help create new orders by engaging with customers to identify additional product needs
- Probes for customer needs during each site visit and works with sales partners to expand Grainger offerings
- Participate in quarterly reviews with customers and sales partners to assess viability of Inventory Solutions offerings
- 3 years' experience in selling or service environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Customer service and sales growth oriented
- Collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Handle different technical and operational issues
- Background checks, drug screening may be required (as warranted by Company, customer or DOT requirements in working on-site and operating equipment)
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license in State of residence
- Must carry required levels of automobile insurance
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.