Responsible for marketing office and janitorial supplies within assigned territory. Acquire new accounts and penetrate the established customer base. Properly complete all required paperwork.
Primary Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Effectively sell supply and janitorial programs to customers.
- Establish new accounts within territory.
- Work with Janitorial Specialists to penetrate existing market territories for janitorial.
- Conduct sales calls with each rep within defined market on a regular schedule.
- Maximize selling time by planning sales calls with definite purpose/products to address.
- Effectively utilize selling time.
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE/SALES SKILLS:
- Project a professional image to customers at all times.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of supply and janitorial products through ongoing personal study and other resources.
- Self-evaluate personal sales skills and increase knowledge/awareness as needed.
- Sales volume to be maintained on a monthly basis.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork in a timely manner and submit to proper personnel.
- Maintain accurate records in CRM system.
- Work with support team to create supply and janitorial programs to grow market share.
- Assist utilization of such programs by Janitorial Specialists.
- Attend all conference calls, sales meetings, departmental meetings, and manufacturer's sales meetings as requested.
- Communicate with the management regarding any problems or concerns about products, procedures, or sales territory management.
- Assist with customer installations on site as needed.
- Deliver small orders to customers within rural territories.
OTHER DUTIES AS MAY BE ASSIGNED
- 1-2 years sales experience in janitorial industry preferred
- Business development experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Accuracy skills
- Outgoing personality
- Initiative and ability to work without direct supervision
- Travel required 85% of work time
- Current driver's license and good driving record