Come Be Part of a Mission that Matters!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows SDLC methodologies while coding in appropriate languages toward evolving the LIMS system.
- Prepares documentation (design documents, data flows, business flows, use cases or user stories) for Genomics and other .NET applications.
- Develop systematic and thorough testing during system modification ensuring minimal negative impact upon launch of new development or bug fixes.
- Works closely with development team in consideration of data flow between the various systems.
- Work with IT group in order to define and identify system requirements.
- Troubleshoot and document bugs identifying root causes and defining course for resolution.
- Provide user training for users of existing and newly developed applications.
- Meets individual and departmental goals and objectives.
- Works with laboratory, data, and project managers to prepare and implement project plans for ongoing and new system development including; priority, deadlines, potential agile launch schedules.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laboratory application and use of the system.
- Working with stake-holders routinely update needs assessment and evaluate systems relative to identified needs, improve efficiency and accuracy within operational and business practices, and propose new development projects that support cost reductions and greater efficiencies.
- Interacts with all levels of management and co-workers in an effective manner.
- This individual should have experience with various software packages and development tools including:
- Databases: MS SQL (Visual Studio (Server Manager, SSIS & SSRS a plus)), MySQL (Workbench)
- API Development and Consumption Experience
- Source Code: GitHub
- Document Management: WorkFront, Teams, SharePoint, Q-Pulse
- Ticketing: Workfront, Jira, Zendesk
- Microsoft Office: Visio, OneNote, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university; two to five years of related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
WHO IS NEOGEN:
Neogen is home to the largest genomic operation in the world! Our worldwide genomics operations deliver innovative, affordable DNA testing for the discovery and commercial application of genomic advances that enhance the safety and abundance of life. Our genomics tools are used by farmers and ranchers, and veterinary practitioners, to provide the best animal care possible, as well as enhance breeding programs.
Neogen’s culture combines stability with a deep belief in providing professional and personal growth. Our Pillars of Trust — the principles that guide our everyday decision-making, include Openness, Honesty, Credibility, Respect, and Service. It’s our belief in these characteristics that provides a consistent, happy and healthy work environment for our employees.