Job Title: Multi-Site Controller
Division: Web Technologies
Reports To: Director of Accounting
Approved By: Director of Accounting
Approved Date: 6/2/2022
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include travel requirements)
· Plans and directs the general and cost accounting functions of 2 or more plants.
· Directs and coordinates month-end closing activities of 2 or more plants.
· Preparation of the plants’ annual budgets.
· Interacts pro-actively with the Plant Managers and Sales & Marketing Managers to analyze financial results and identify factors that would enhance the plant’s profitability.
· Development of in-depth knowledge of the People Soft system. Development of strong query and reporting skills.
· Performs oversight of the plant accounts payable, payroll and billing activities. Works to ensure these activities are being completed accurately and timely.
· Participates and oversees the Raw Material and Finished Goods inventory process.
· Investigates and prepares monthly analyses of the plants’ financial results.
· Respond to requests received from corporate and/or external auditors during the annual audit of the Company’s financial statements.
· Must be knowledgeable in the plant manufacturing process. Must be able to apply this knowledge for any cost analysis. Must be very knowledgeable of the creation of standard/actual cost per unit.
· Responsible for preparation of AFE project documents and classification as Capital or Expense; monitors spending against approved projects and advises plants and corporate management of variances; performs AFE follow up analysis.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Atlas Roofing Corporation financial policies.
· Responsible for controlling the location’s assets and acting in the best interest of the Stockholders, while maintaining a professional independence and objectivity.
· Requires supervision and guidance of associated Atlas plant accounting personnel, to direct and control plant accounting activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (include Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations required)
· Degree in accounting from an accredited four-year College or University.
· Minimum of six years experience in a manufacturing environment. Should also have had at least three years in a supervisory capacity. Should have background in Accounts Payable, Billing, Payroll, General Ledger, Month-end and Year-end closings. Needs a background in database skills. Excel skills required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
· Confidential Information/Documents: Requires confidential treatment of cost data, budgets, sales information, and financial reports.
· Records/Reports: Requires gathering and analyzing information from varied operating entities. Issuing of various reports for internal and external users.
· Contact with Others-Internal/External: Requires frequent and regular contact with all levels of plant personnel, corporate employees, public accountants, customers, as well as other non-company personnel.
· Judgmental/Analytical Ability Required: Cost analytical ability and general ledger analysis is required.
· Financial Accountability: (Degree of Care/Attention required to prevent increased costs/losses & dollars position is responsible for, where applicable) Requires knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, as well as the prudent care and safeguarding of sensitive, proprietary financial information.
SPECIAL SKILLS/MANUAL DEXTERITY REQUIREDS
Proficiency with computers. Requires knowledge of ERP systems. Requires fluency in spreadsheets and databases.
DECISION MAKING REQUIREMENTS
Requires extensive decision-making within all areas of the accounting function and between functional areas, both at the corporate level and subordinate levels.
Requires periodic travel to the multiple plant locations to manage offsite staff and for plant manager / marketing meetings. Requires travel for periodic accounting meetings or other programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hand to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.