We are currently hiring an Multi Craft Mechanic in Milton, DE.
You’ll perform a variety of diverse tasks utilizing your wide range of mechanical and technical know-how. You will perform preventive maintenance and installation tasks to support the production process. You will repair existing equipment, install new systems, troubleshoot machinery, as well as detect and report defective materials and/or questionable conditions to the Maintenance Supervisor.
What You’ll Brew:
- Diagnose and repair all machinery and process malfunctions, must be fluent in mechanical troubleshooting, electrical troubleshooting a plus.
- Diagnose and repair all mechanical power transmission equipment—knowledge of Gearboxes, mechanical drives, and variable speed applications.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems—knowledge of Cylinders, valves, manifolds, vacuum systems, air filtration, and lubrication devices.
- Diagnose, repair, and overhaul process pumps, automatic control valves, sensors, positioners, actuators, basic electrical AC/DC troubleshooting, and related systems.
- Proficient in knowledge of bearings, pulleys, chain drives, belt drives, and lubricants standards and applications.
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping diagrams.
- Daily, communicate with coworkers, face to face, Brewery phones, and radio. Must carry radio as required.
- Perform work and cleaning in confined space areas.
What Ingredients You'll Bring:
- Strong mechanical ability in an industrial environment,
- Understanding of electrical fundamentals and ability to decipher whether an issue is electrical or mechanical
- Independently troubleshoot machine failures and repair or replace components.
- Knowledge of piping systems maintenance: valves, pumps ,meters, filters etc. associated with moving stuff through pipes.
- Understand the fundamentals of electronic controls such as PLCs and VFDs
- Able to perform PM’s from detailed work orders, including parts management.
- Ability to interpret manufacturers’ schematics, manuals, blueprints or similar documents to troubleshoot and repair production equipment.
- Strong knowledge of industrial safety practices such as lock out/tag out, confined space entry and hazard identification and injury prevention.
- Able to use Microsoft Office and maintenance software:
- Experience with the operation of Allen Bradley/Siemens PLC’s, VFD’s
- Welding and fabrication skills
- Experience maintaining high speed packaging/production equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and electronic components and systems
- Experience with Servo motors and robotics.
- Experience using CMMS software
- Experience with in-process instrumentation (pH, conductivity, density, turbidity, O2, CO2)
- Experience with Sanitary/hygienic equipment (pumps, piping, CIP systems).
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We hire the best talent; and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k and more, Full Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
- Free beer!
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact [email protected] for assistance.