A MRP Material Planner’s core objective is to develop and maintain MRP standards in relation to drawing and BOM integrity. Incumbent will work from engineering drawings and a bill of material (BOM) to determine the specifications for the parts needed to ensure accurate and timely entry of data into the MRP System. This position is also responsible for acting as a toll gatekeeper for accuracy and data integrity as input to MRP system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read engineering drawings and Bill of Materials (BOM) to determine parts and materials required for production to understand and translate customer/material specifications into MRP system.
- Process Engineering BOM into the MRO/MRP system electronically or manually.
- Act as data accuracy and integrity toll gate by examining documents such as blueprints, drawings, change orders, and specifications to verify completeness, accuracy, and compatibility of data for MRP flow down
- Maintain the MRO/MRP system BOM throughout the duration of the program including all changes as dictated by Engineering.
- Develop and maintain status reports for internal use and downstream customers.
- Liaise with various departments including Program Management, Sales, Planning, Maintenance, and Interior Completions.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders in an effort to make sound decisions based on specifications required.
- Work with Materials and Planning team to organize parts arrival timely and to organize kitting based on production needs.
- Develop competencies within the product lines, work centers and/or department that focus on technical skills and process improvement, developing an understanding of our overall business (cost and asset) management objectives, team communication and problem-solving techniques, and personal motivation to achieve requirements established for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in quality, schedule, and cost performance.
- Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in training and mentoring within the team.
- Assign tasks and examine work for exactness, completeness, and conformance.
- Understand, develop / standardize procedures to expedite workflow, improve efficiency of team.
- Develop, produce, and analyze reporting metrics, KPIs and other measures of productivity, quality, and efficiency.
- Attend meetings and keep team informed of priorities, key issues, and topics.
The individual employed in this position is expected to dress appropriately (determined by area in which their work is performed), report to work on time, have excellent work habits, and have a cooperative and positive attitude in the work setting; exhibits respect and professionalism when interacting with customers, and all employees; must adhere to company policies, procedures and safety standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School education or equivalent reading, writing, and math abilities.
- 3+ years’ experience in planning or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering documents and drawings
- Results oriented with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Negotiation and influencing skills preferred but not required.
- Key competencies related to effectively working and building positive relationships with a diverse group of individuals and departments.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses at a time, where stimuli are changing.
- Occasional direct and indirect pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software and other company and discipline specific software applications
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, when needed.
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret complex documents including engineering documents.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Standard safety precautions are required in all areas where hazardous conditions exist.
Frequency of Physical Demand
Denotes the percentage of time engaged in the activity
Sitting in a stationary position
Standing / Walking
Lifting / Carrying
Pushing / Pulling
Repetitive Motion Desktop Work: Motions include use of hands for keyboarding / mouse operation, writing, handling / filing papers
Repetitive Motion Bench-Type Work: Motions include sitting / standing, twisting at the waist, use of hands, utilizing hand / powered tools to grasp, hold, operate, detect, inspect, place, position tools and parts
Work at Heights: Motions include ascending / descending / work atop stairs, ramps, ladders, stands and / or scaffolding
Overhead Work: Motions include reaching, grasping, use of tools and fine motor skills overhead
Work in tight / cramped areas: Motions include crouching, squatting, sitting, kneeling, crawling
Driving: Example vehicles include cars, trucks, vans, forklift, lawnmowers, tractors, golf carts, tow-vehicles
Other Physical Requirements
Confined Space Entry Program Requirement: Pulmonary function testing, mask fit, regular use of respirator
Vision Test Requirement: corrected vision to 20/30; color vision
Regular Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Use Required: Safety glasses, splash shield, Tyvek suits, chemical gloves, cut-resistant gloves, hearing protection, respirator, fall protection
- Occasional travel may be required; the employee filling this position must be willing to travel on short notice and possibly for extended periods.
The following work environment and characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Standard office environment.
- Occasional exposure to noise, smells, dust and fumes typically associated in an industrial manufacturing / aviation environment.