For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Process customer samples in the microbiology laboratory utilizing the various technology platforms including but not limited to bacterial 16S rDNA and fungal ITS2 sequencing, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and ribotyping. Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and GMP compliance.
We are seeking a Molecular Technologist for our Microbial Solutions site located Newark, DE.
The following are responsibilities related to the Molecular Technologist:
• Conduct accurate processing of customer samples in accordance with current SOPs.
• Receive, unpack, log, and subculture customer samples according to current SOPs.
• Aliquot and prepare reagents.
• Perform test streaks for isolation, PCR, sequencing of customer samples and other laboratory processes including but not limited to mass spectrometry and ribotyping.
• Perform continual maintenance, repair and cleaning of all laboratory equipment.
• Perform pipette verification.
• Operate and maintain laser cutter.
• Provide backup for all laboratory functions when needed.
• Dispose of microbe cultures, chemicals and glass in proper waste containers.
• Collaborate with technical support to resolve discrepancies with customer samples.
• Comply with all aspects of laboratory safety, safety stations, safety manuals, safety SOP, and MSDS sheets.
• Suggest process improvements.
• Perform or support special projects in the lab when needed.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Molecular Technologist position:
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. /B.S.) in Microbiology or related discipline required.
• Experience: 0-3 years related experience in a laboratory setting.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: None.
• Other: Must have working knowledge of the Quality System and Laboratory Information System. Must have ability to work in a fast paced and team oriented work environment. Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
About Microbial Solutions
Our Microbial Solutions business group has a comprehensive portfolio of endotoxin testing, microbial detection and microbial identification products and services is unlike any other, and has been purposefully designed to meet the complex and ever-changing needs of the industry. We help clients to ensure product safety and quality with easy-to-use yet robust testing solutions that satisfy regulatory requirements, support critical decision making and improve operational efficiencies.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet