Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Participates and receives on-the-job training related to Odom procedures regarding the Merchandiser and Sales Representative job duties.
- Oversees assigned merchandising team to ensure merchandising procedures and standards are being executed to the company standards and provide feedback to management regarding team.
- Manage labor hours within the merchandising department to keep them under or at budget levels.
- Manage all merchandising duties to assure our products are stock properly, have the proper price point, are rotated in a timely manner, all sets and displays are to Odom standards, all display equipment and shelves are clean, and breakage is handled in a timely manner.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding sales, delivery, and merchandising service levels in the retail marketplace.
- Provide assistance with customer calls, complaints, and issues in a timely manner.
- Work with merchandising team on a continual basis to train, support, and evaluate needs.
- Performs essential job duties all on time, efficiently, accurately, safely, and in a time sensitive manner due to customer locations requesting that merchandising not be performed during “peak” hours of operations.
- Helps to ensure a safe and clean working area during shift by discarding of trash and empty boxes prior to leaving each customer account.
- Adheres to The Odom Corporation professional dress and appearance policy at all times.
- Must be 21 years old with a valid driver’s license, good driving record, proof of insurance (SR-22 is unacceptable), and a reliable means of transportation for getting to and from customer accounts.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have a working knowledge of the beverage industry or grocery retail experience. Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and able to work with very little direct supervision.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized, with a strong ability to work quickly and accurately while handling competing priorities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Operates a pallet jack and hand cart to transport products all in a safe manner.
- This position requires constant lifting/moving/pushing/pulling of 27-55 pounds and occasionally lifting/moving/pushing/pulling of up to 170 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, lift from floor to waist and from shoulders to overhead, uses hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or other controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside related environmental noises.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more!
Background/Drug Screen. EOE.