WHO DOESN’T LIKE EXTRA $$$?
Join the FAST Global Solutions Team and receive a $2,500 to $5,000 Sign on Bonus!
JOB OBJECTIVE: Designs and directs installation of mechanical products or systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Read and interpret prints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, test results and other data to evaluate the feasibility and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Develop the structural design of products, using computer aided design/drafting equipment and software.
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Troubleshoot and validate manufactured product on the production floor.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to communicate effectively, make presentations and write routine reports, operating instructions, and correspondence.
- Perform simple FEA on parts and interpret results, making necessary changes.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and quality improvements.
- Check/review work of others in department.
SUPERVIOSRY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor of Science degree from a four-year college or university and 2+ years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, tolerances, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to mathematically analyze designs for safety factors, design strength and impact resistance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of CAD design software and basic office programs. Knowledge of accessing and using the internet and Microsoft Office Suite and ERP software; Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or Dynamics D365 is preferred. Knowledge of computer systems. Sage 100 ERP software exposure preferred. Speed in data entry desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Each employee should be aware that changes in this job description could occur at any time. Also, this job description is not to be considered or construed to be a contract of employment.