THE ROLE: We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer who is experienced in using engineering techniques, principles, and procedures to ensure we continue to produce the highest quality tires guaranteed to our customers. The candidate will work as part of a strong Mechanical Engineering team on projects, equipment, and processes throughout the entire industrial manufacturing facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, budget, schedule, implement, evaluate, and compile proper documentation for capital and other projects to modify existing equipment or for new machine installations.
- Develop and implement capital plans.
- Analyze equipment and cost of alternatives to create cost effective solutions.
- Maintain schedules and budgets, procure materials from vendors and oversee quotes.
- Supervise and inspect all installations to ensure equipment meets safety, quality and other required standards and specifications.
- Provide Maintenance Department with appropriate documentation and training on systems and assist with troubleshooting, repairs, and root cause analysis so equipment is maintained to proper operating specifications.
- Interact with Maintenance, Production, and other departments to arrive at the best designs and solutions.
- Prepare reports, updates, and engineering data related to studies and projects.
- Manage multiple project assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 2 years mechanical design experience, required.
- Familiarity with drive systems, material handling, tooling, material specifications, safety systems, safety specifications, hydraulic, and HVAC systems.
- CAD experience using Autodesk Inventor/AutoCad.
- Strong written communication, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work as a team member in fast-paced environment.
- Some overtime may be required (may include nights and weekends).
This is a full-time, on-site position working at the Salem, VA manufacturing plant location.
Yokohama Tire Manufacturing Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer