The Mechanical Engineer will manage project and support production during implementation of design.
We Are Who we are
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
The right candidate will
- Solve customer problems through the design of new or modifications of existing equipment. +
- Create drawings for production of new or modification of existing equipment.
- Coordinate with purchasing and shop personnel to insure all necessary components are acquired.
- Support production during implementation of designs.
- Support customer questions regarding supplied equipment.
- Create written reports regarding customer issues or recommended equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
What you will need
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or university in engineering, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: GSS, Spreadsheet and Word Processing Software, Engineering Software (CAD/CAM)
- Experience with SolidWorks
What we offer
- Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.