PAY: $22.95 (plus $1 shift differential)
SHIFT: 2nd Shift
SUMMARY: The basic function of this position is to operate sander according to product specification rules required to achieve proper thickness & smoothness of flooring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for following Job Safety Analysis guidelines to ensure safe operations
- Turning on, setting up and running sander
- Monitor up to 6 sander feeders for proper feeding and quality of work
- Address performance issues and quality deficiencies to minimize loss
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues
- Know specs of lumber; use caliber
- Works for quantity chadder / and defects
- Changing sandpaper
- Setting heads at level
- Filling in for sander feeders on the production line as needed
- Changing sizes of rails in lanes
- Changes Wheels
- Keep inventory of parts
- Computer data entry
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on sander and throughout line
- Assist in training new operators and sander feeders
- Perform other assigned tasks as needed
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass a background check, employment verification and drug screening.
- Must have positive and verifiable work history (minimum 1 year with same employer within the last 3 years preferred)
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency in a labor intense non-temperature controlled environment, on feet.
- Must be mechanically inclined with minimum 2 years work experience in running, repairing, and troubleshooting industrial equipment and machinery.
- Basic computer skills preferred.