Building our Future Together. FXI is a leading producer of foam innovation in the Bedding, Furniture, Industrial, Home & Office, Healthcare, and Transportation markets. We have made it our mission to provide tailored solutions that delight our customers and consumers. With our corporate headquarters, high-tech research and development facility, and multiple manufacturing locations in North America, FXI has built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Our products include finished goods, sub-assemblies, services, and raw materials for OEMs, fabricators, and retailers. You will find FXI’s foam innovations inside, around, and under yourself in countless applications. Everywhere foam goes, FXI’s innovations lead the way! Won’t you join us?
- Read, complete and understand work orders, and write down actions taken.
- Maintain all machinery, equipment, building components, etc. in accordance with maufacturers’ specifications and approved maintenance practices.
- Analyze equipment and machinery malfuncitons, determine appropriate maintenance procedures, and perform mechanical and minor electrical repairs on all production machinery, service equipment, building components, etc.
- Locate and install machinery, equipment, and related systems in a workmanlike manner with minimum supervision and showing initiative in the solutions of routine minor problems arising in the course of a project.
- Use proficiently arc welder and oxy-acetylene torch to weld, braze, silver solder, soft solder, and cut to layout.
- Cut, thread, bend, flare, weld, and run piping systems in accordance with approved practices.
- Assist electricians in the installation of branch circuit wiring, motor and control wiring, and trouble shooting.
- Layout and construct jigs and fixtures for use in production operations.
- Perform other maintenance and/or production duties as assigned (egs. empty trash; pick up parts from store).
- Assist maintenance supervision as required.
- Be or become Licensed Lift Truck Operator.
- Wear necessary PPE for chemical cleanup requiring a respirator. Be participant on Emergency Response Team
- Help encourage and maintain good housekeeping. Promote and support an environment of cooperation.
- Work independently under general direction to set priorities, manage workload, meet deadlines, and accomplish goals even under changing deadlines and with multiple interruptions in order to achieve the highest productivity.
- Anticipate and act to remove obstacles that are likely to affect this or other jobs in a negative way and find simpler, faster, and less costly ways to produce results while maintaining high quality.
- High School diploma or GED
- Be familiar with machine shop equipment (egs. Lathe, milling machine), and practices and be able to use machine shop equipment with a reasonable level of skill.
- Read and accurately interpret architectural and mechanical prints and drawings.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts to meet the needs of Production
- Sufficient endurance is required to perform the tasks assigned over long periods of time and assigned work hours ie. 12 hours/day and 6 days/wk are required to meet customer driven workloads at various times
- Use proficiently all hand and power tools, measuring instruments ( egs. Micrometer, dial bore gauge, calipers), diagnostic instruments (tachometer, vacuum gauge, velocity meters) with the performance of maintenance duties.
- Oral and written communication skills needed to follow instructions, read manuals, convey information.
- Basic math and Fractions, Decimals, Equation knowledge needed for repairs, and understanding repair manuals, etc.