Performs a wide range of skilled operations from cleaning, disassembly, diagnosis, reassembly and testing to produce quality repaired products in a timely manner; performs operations from experience and from factory work instructions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a wide range of skilled operations from cleaning, disassembly, diagnosis, reassembly and testing in support of branch operations.
- Assembles, modifies, reworks, and/or reassembles components utilizing drawings, pick tickets, process documentation, and/or verbal instructions.
- Prepares and utilizes basic hand tools and machines including but not limited to power screwdriver, calipers, pressure gauges, oxy acetylene welding equipment, hydraulic test stand(s), solder iron, heat gun, vise, solder pot, hydraulic hose crimper, arbor press, band saws, and automatic wire strippers.
- Cleans parts prior to use, as required.
- Identifies wires with use of basic color code sequence.
- Identifies fitting types and plumbing sizes: NPT, SAE, JIC, Metrics
- Supports inventory handling and inventory transactions following established material procedures for purchasing, use, and customer invoicing.
- Participates in continuous improvement and team building activities; maintains productive working relationships with all team members.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of industry, machinery, and techniques.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all applicable safety regulations and considerations, especially related to the safe use of hydraulics.
- Assists with identification of parts and bills of material as needed.
- Completes all required paperwork; prepares and maintains records of customer and supplier correspondence.
- Performs clean-up, and tool inventory activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3+ years related experience or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand work instructions, schematics and assembly drawings.
- Familiarity with various mechanical and electrical measuring equipment.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.