WHO DOESN’T LIKE EXTRA $$$? Join the FAST Global Solutions Team and receive a $2,500 Sign-On Bonus!
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of material handling functions to load, unload and move materials within the plant. Familiar with and capable of using various types of lifting equipment. Required to perform other miscellaneous tasks as supervision deems necessary.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific material requirements.
- Determines which process to use for moving raw steel or finished product.
- Obtains and maintains active forklift certification.
- Uses a variety of hand tools and machines.
- Drives any type of forklift.
- Safely rigs loads for lifting.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Performs necessary maintenance and repair on equipment used.
- Moves parts in and moves finished product out of work area.
- Performs cycle counts as required.
- Utilizes scanning devices and technology to process inventory movements within the business system.
- Completes all weekly, daily and monthly 5S tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE): High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ERP software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or Dynamics D365 is preferred.
- Stand: Frequent-continuous, up to 6 hours (day shift) and 8 hours (night shift)
- Walk: Frequent, up to 4 hours (day shift) and 6 hours (night shift)
- Sit: Continuous (operating forklift)
- Lift to/from floor: Up to 50 lbs. occasionally (components), 10 lbs. frequently (components)
- Lift overhead: Up to 20 lbs. rarely (components), 15 lbs. occasionally (components), 10 lbs. frequently (components)
- Lift waist level: Up to 50 lbs. occasionally (components), 25 lbs. frequently (components)
- One or two hands carry: Up to 30 lbs. for 5 feet occasionally (components), heavier items are moved with a hoist or forklift
- Push/pull: Up to 53 lbs. force (total 105 lbs. force) with 2 employees to initiate large A-frame cart and up to 38 lbs. (total 75
lbs. force) with 2 employees to initiate movement of loaded carts, occasionally, loaded parts cart my take up to 40 lbs.
- Elevated work (reaching): Occasional (for parts)
- Twist: Occasional (while seated in forklift)
- Bend: Frequent (check materials on shelves and in bins)
- Squat: Occasional (check materials on shelves)
- Kneel or crouch: Occasional (check materials)
- Stair climb: Frequent, mezzanine, two steps in/out of forklift at 13-1/2” and 15” heights
- Step ladder: Rare (check on a shelf to locate stock)
- Balance: Occasional, climbing in/out of forklift, walking around machines and components
- Manual dexterity: Frequent (manipulating forklift)
- Firm grasp: Occasional (banding materials, band cutters)
- Foot pedal operation: Frequently (if operating forklift)
Lifting more than 50 lbs. is performed by two employees or mechanical assistance is required.
- Rare: 1-5% of day
- Occasional: 6-33% of day
- Frequent: 34-66% of day
- Continuous: 67-100% of day
- May be inside 40-60% of day, outside 40-60% of day, temperature exposure may be 70-100° F. inside near ovens, and outside
varies between -20° to 100° F+ with high humidity in summer.
- Confined spaces: Slight, between shelving
- High elevations: Moderate, on truck beds
- Moving objects: Severe, forklift and trucks
- Noise level: Moderate
- Slippery surface: Severe, wet floor, ground may be icy, snowy, sand/dirt on floor dragged in on forklift tires
- Vibration: Slight, on arms with hand tools; moderate, on spine while operating forklift
- Air pollution: Slight, dust, welding smoke and vehicle exhaust fumes
VISION AND HEARING REQUIRED:
- Near vision, far vision, and depth perception: Significant
- Color discrimination: Minimal (color coded bar stock)
- Hearing sensitivity: Significant (two-way voice radio communication)
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Eye protection, safety shoes, protective clothing, winter clothing/gloves, and ear plugs.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Cutting torch, hand grinders, hand tools, belt sander, forklifts, overhead hoist, hand trucks and band cutters.