12 Hour Days OR 12 Hour Nights – we ask for you to be open to working nights as we cannot guarantee a day shift position.
Purpose of Role:
This role is a material handler position that rotates with shift having a dotted line reporting responsibility to shift managers. The primary responsibility for this position is to perform all functions associated with the shipping department including but not limited to:
· Loading trucks, live loads and staged loads
· Ability to operate push pull Fork lift – (Expert Level)
· Operation of site yard dog
· Direct ship responsibility including proper disposition of hold product, food safety hold product and released product
· PRMS, BOL responsibility / accountability
· SPEDE Functionality
· Support Outbound Logistics Coordinator with all activities associated with shipping department
1. Accurately record all transactions on the PRMS inventory system
2. Communicate with line and logistics operators to ensure materials are replenished in a timely manner
3. Manage FIFO program in regard to materials management
4. Load super sacks and micros in dries rooms
5. Cross training will be required with other Logistic Material Handler positions.
6. Comply with Mars Petcare Quality and Food Safety Practices, GMPs and other Food Safety and Regulatory Standards to ensure we manufacture a quality product.
7. This position and all site associates are responsible for quality and food safety.
Mission Critical Competencies:
1. Must have excellent communication skills
2. Must have the ability to prioritize workload
3. Must have the ability to forecast inventory needs for all production lines
4. Must have excellent organizational skills
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
· The ability to lift 50 pounds
· Forklift certified
· Knowledge of inventory computer systems (PRMS, Spede, Factory Batching)
· Food manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
· Food manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety.
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Statistical Process Control
· Forklift certified.
High School diploma or equivalent.
· 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Ability to quickly respond.
· Mechanical troubleshooting ability
· Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
· Computer literate with an ability to enter, record, maintain and retrieve information in a computer-based data collection system
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.