Shift: 1st & 2nd Shift
SUMMARY: Material Handlers will work in production on the manufacturing line manually handling rough lumber and/or solid wood flooring using repetitive hand movements to move material from one process to another by hand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for following Job Safety Analysis guidelines to ensure safe operation
- Operate the bundler, waterfall supplement, re-rip, or pull strips depending on where the need is at
- Un-jam boards when necessary
- Work with sense of urgency in order to meet and maintain production demands
- Maintain work area clean and wood off floor
- Crosstrain in at least one other job to fill in where needed
- Assist in training new employees
- Perform other assigned tasks as needed
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass a background check, employment verification and drug screening.
- Must have positive and verifiable work history (minimum 1 year with same employer within the last 3 years preferred)
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency at all times in a labor intense non-temperature controlled environment, on feet, using repetitive hand movements.
- Recent manufacturing experience in the wood industry or other industrial work environment preferred.