Tracking Code 11855-159 Job Description Position Purpose
The Material Handler assists the Finishing Department, ensuring safe practices are followed to achieve quality and productivity goals.
- Observes company safety rules and complies with safety practices.
- Works closely with Supervisor and Finishing Manager to ensure necessary materials are available.
- Displays work habits that set example for peers.
- Set up and run Combi machine.
- Set up and run Packsize machine
- Ensure all finishing lines have proper materials to run each line/job effectively.
- Assist finishing lines with red bins and gaylords as necessary
- Performs general housekeeping functions in assigned areas.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility food safety, food defense, and quality policies and procedures including product safety (GMPs)/Sanitation policies and procedures.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, 5S, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Mechanical/technical aptitude
- Computer skills
- Color acuity test required
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to work with others
- Leadership skills
- Must be flexible; willing to work other shifts, overtime and weekends
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Desire to work additional hours (overtime)
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. .
Job Location Omaha, Nebraska, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Salary Grade N/A ** Apply**