- Reads and interprets blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confers with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Researches and analyzes customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specifies system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Researches, designs, evaluates, installs, operates, and maintains mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Assists in developing the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Create manufacturing drawings.
- Provides feedback on customer problems and needs.
- Participates in establishing operating procedures.
- Participates and leads Kaizen events using Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma principles.
- Direct work experience with mechanical structures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ERP systems.
- Proficient with CAD tools.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes. Green/Black belt certification preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in machining processes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated work experience at a senior engineer level.
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by 22 CFR 120.15
This position summary is not intended to contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this position. Assigned duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity-M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran status.