Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission!
We are looking for a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to Sr. Manager R&O Operations and based in Newark, DE.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversee team leads, team members, and other resources in achieving the production schedule while improving Safety, Quality, and Efficiency
- Supervise and motivate a manufacturing team to create a culture of personal responsibility, accountability, and continuous improvement
- Create, document, and sustain Standardized Work practices
- Develop and implement production scalability, workflow plans
- Implement new assembly process and operations
- Initiate and facilitate problem solving groups to resolve issues in order to meet the current and future needs of the company
- Achieve quality and productivity metrics
- Coordinate with Warehouse, Quality, and FIT to ensure production needs are met
- Manage team members work schedule, time off, and department allocation
- Develop employee versatility plans
- Lead Performance Management Process and provide recommendations for compensation changes
- Manage any disciplinary actions required
- Initiate, coordinate, and manage inventory cost control programs
- Prepare and maintain production reports
- Create and maintain Training Program, Safety Program, Workgroup boards, Continuous Improvement Projects, etc. and utilize tools such as A3’s, 8-Step, RAIL’s.
- Enforce all safety policies to promote a safe and inclusive work group
- Develop and implement 5S and housekeeping programs
- Achieve technical training and versatility required to obtain domain expertise
- Flexibility to work on any of the shifts, or in any area of the plant, based on production needs
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing/operations environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with production systems; scale up manufacturing, volume production, linear production, using continuous improvement/TPS/Lean manufacturing methods
- Proficient with interviewing, training, developing, and handling disciplinary matters
- Computer systems knowledge including proficiency with MS Office programs
- Resourceful problem solver with proven ability to bring quick resolution to 1st level floor issues with regards to equipment, process, or manpower
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and tact needed to interact with all levels in the plant
- Organized with good planning and time management skills
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods on solid surfaces
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.