Start here, end here. There is a reason why we have so many employees with 20+ years with the company-Pace offers careers. Join us in becoming the premier die casting manufacturer and engineering solutions supplier worldwide.
The Manufacturing Supervisor maintains order and provides resources to their teams. This commitment involves not only ensuring that each team member has what they need daily, it extends to the overall job satisfaction and career path of everyone in their area throughout their time with Pace Industries. The Manufacturing Supervisor’s priorities are split between ensuring production objectives are met, continuous improvement is taking place, and that their team members continue to develop and grow in their careers. The ideal candidate will be someone that can focus on multiple areas to ensure resources are aligned, available, and properly trained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the work of others, spanning several operational areas to fully accommodate production needs including absenteeism.
- Manages Associates time and attendance according to company policies and procedures.
- Assists Manager by identifying work procedures, preparing work schedules, and expediting workflow. Issues written and oral instructions to Area Leaders.
- Attends daily production meeting to review current order status, any issues and/or changes that are required, known downtime or quality issues and report out on project status.
- Reviews forecasts for production needs, runs open order reports, and properly assigns work to be completed.
- Monitor’s training plans for each individual and meets monthly to review progress, removes roadblocks to ensure continued growth and development.
- Ensures team members are continuously learning and cross-training to develop a flexible workforce.
- Analyze performance results of their area and drives continuous improvement activity to meet or exceed established safety, productivity, quality, and uptime goals.
- Performs Layered Process Audits to ensure system within their area are followed as documented and the desired results are being achieved.
- Ensures all team members understand their Metric Boards and facilitates problem solving efforts.
- Performs daily 5S Audits to maintain a safe and optimal work environment.
- Conducts Associate performance reviews, identifies performance gaps and creates a development plan.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience preferred.
- Lean manufacturing experience such as 5S, Standard Work, Problem Solving and Value Stream Mapping, preferred.
- Ability to work with ERP systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Sponsorship may be offered
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, from production associates to senior leaders.
- Ability to function as a team player and be comfortable leading without authority.
- Ability to build credibility and trust.
- Ability to influence leaders and change their paradigms.
Core Competencies of a PACE Supervisor:
- Focuses on the Customer
- Communicates Effectively
- Fosters Continuous Improvement
- Leverages Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Remains Flexible Under Pressure
- Commitment to Organization – One Pace
- Provides Motivational Support
- Collaborates Cross Functionally
- Inspires Integrity and Honesty
- Thinks Analytically
- Creates Innovative Solutions
- Manages Conflict Resolution
- Acts Decisively,
- Ability to Make Tough Decisions
- S for Safety (Capabilities)
- Provides leadership for continuous improvement towards achieving zero accidents in assigned production area.
- Q for Quality (Customer)
- Leads assigned department in achieving targeted Quality goals.
- D for Delivery (Customer)
- Meets or exceeds our customer demands.
- C for Cost/Customer
- Focused on cost initiatives that allow us to meet our EBITDA target.
- I for Inventory – (Cost)
- Maintain our established DIO (days inventory outstanding) targets.
- P for Productivity – (Key Performance Indicators)
- Monitors, measures, and drives plant KPI’s (i.e., Scorecard metrics).
- P for People – (Capabilities)
- Demonstrates companies values daily (i.e., exemplary, ethical, accountable, equitable, compassionate, and inclusive)
For more information about Pace Careers and future job postings, please JOIN our Talent Community at www.paceind.com/careers and follow us at:
LinkedIn: Pace Industries, LLC
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline
Pace is a career destination for engaged, passionate and talented people who are driven to seek the innovation, growth and opportunity that only we offer.