Manufacturing Plant Director
A Mars Site Manager is the role model for the site. The Site Manager champions the Five Principles by acting as an owner would by nurturing the Mars culture, the site associates, the brands and the assets. S/he orchestrates the site resources to manufacture quality products in safe and sanitary work conditions through highly engaged associates, within cost goals, and in sufficient quantities to meet our customer's demands. This includes maximizing the value from the existing assets and collaborating with Franklin to prepare the site for the future by building new capabilities and delivering new product launches. Strong Mars leadership skills and high learning agility are required to focus on results, change, collaboration, problem solving, talent and engagement. Simply put, a Site Manager at Mars Petcare is the best job in the world!
Mars Pet Nutrition Wet Technology business has witnessed a great trajectory, achieving a double-digit growth over the past decade. Projecting towards next 5 years and building on the huge potential we anticipate a significant expansion of our Wet manufacturing network, with volumes tripling and NSV sustainable double digit growth rate.
Strong Mars leadership skills and high learning agility are required to focus on results, change, collaboration, problem solving, talent and engagement.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 7-10 years of broad and varied supply experience including a demonstrated technical understanding of manufacturing.
- Multi-plant, multi-unit and/or multi-discipline experience
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree with a technical/operational focus or the equivalent in experience.
- Working knowledge of other departments (HR, Finance, Commercial, R&D, etc.) and their relationship to Manufacturing.
- A thorough knowledge of good personnel practices and a proven track record in effective human relations.
- Knowledge of applicable governmental regulations
- High level of analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Ability to travel 15-20% domestically up to 1 or 2 overseas travel per year
- Recognition of different perspectives and ability to deal with all level of the organization.
What will be your key responsibilities?
Associate Safety & Asset Conservation
- Provide leadership to ensure that the site has a world class safety culture and that all site associates are properly trained and engaged in safety.
Quality & Food Safety
- Be the champion of quality and food safety. Ensure that all Mars, national, state and local environmental compliance requirements are met or exceeded.
- Creating a customer-focused mindset within the site.
- Develop and implement site-based strategies and initiatives which support business objectives and strategies including leading network optimization, asset optimization, plant staffing models and application of global best practices and standards.
- Deliver or exceed agreed business performance metrics in the areas of safety, quality, cost, customer service, inventory etc.
Associate Engagement and Developing Talent
- Develop a robust talent pipeline within the site and ensure associates understand how to develop their career within Mars.
- Build a 5 Principles centric Mars culture at the site via high levels of associate engagement, a passion for pets, and a superior experience for our customers.
- Inspire and engage direct reports to role model high performance team behaviors. Create a positive work environment in the face of change.
- Deliver the execution of the site masterplan in terms of assets implementation
- Ensure all interfaces with the business are being pro-actively managed to guarantee no disruption of the service level
Site and Mars reputation management
- As the most senior Mars leader on site, develop strong relationships with local authorities to manage corporate reputation
- Engage with local communities on programs which are supporting the Mars Purpose
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.