Come Join A Growing Company in Starkville, MS
The Manufacturing Operator is responsible for working on multiple manufacturing projects as required by a supervisor and as specified on a work order and is trained and certified to perform at least one of the following functions:
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs polishing steps required for electrical electronic applications according to documented
- Carries out polishing experiments as part of engineering-directed, contract or internally funded, process development programs
- Participates in the documentation of new and upgraded polishing procedures and specifications as they are readied for deployment
- Participates in the implementation and execution of a polishing process development plan.
- Supports the training of new employees assigned to the polishing activity
- Carries out a satisfactory, documented preventative maintenance program areas assigned to the polishing activity
- Maintains semiconductor production work areas.
- High School Diploma. College level courses in math, physics, metrology, or chemistry are preferred.
- Must be able to work weekend hours. Overtime may be required.
- Experience with networked PC based computer system. (Excel, Email, and MRP).
- Must be technically inclined with mechanical skills.
- Experience with problem analysis and resolution and reporting and documentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and procedures while offering suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Experience with 5S considered a plus, but not required.
- Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- Set a high standard of ethics, professionalism, and competency
- Good working conditions. Occasional exposure to noise, dust, heat, etc. Some element present which makes conditions less desirable than usually found in an office.
- Closed to shoes required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Good hand dexterity.
All employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and II-VI Corporate EHS standards.
Quality and Environmental Responsibilities
Depending on location, this position may be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.
- Ensure adherence to company’s values (ICARE) in all aspects of your position at II-VI:
Integrity – Create an Environment of Trust
Collaboration – Innovate Through the Sharing of Ideas
Accountability – Own the Process and the Outcome
Respect – Recognize the Value in Everyone
Enthusiasm – Find a Sense of Purpose in Work
Note to recruiters and employment agencies: We will not pay for unsolicited resumes from recruiters and employment agencies unless we have a signed agreement and have required assistance, in writing, for a specific opening.
II-VI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.