Job location Manufacturing Engineering Technician M/F Manufacturing Engineering Technician M/F Job location
** Job location**
America/Caribbean, USA, Maryland, Hagerstown, MD
** City and Zip code**
** Job title**
Manufacturing Engineering Technician M/F
** Job type**
** Job content**
As an industrial engineering Group with a heritage of over 200 years, Fives designs and supplies machines, process equipment and production lines for the world’s largest industrial players in the aerospace, aluminum, automotive, cement and minerals, energy, glass, logistics and steel sectors.
Grinding | Ultra Precision:
Known worldwide for leading-edge automotive camshaft and crankshaft processing systems, Fives is also a leader in centerless grinding and disc grinding processes as well as lean and flexible CNC grinders for a wide range of shaft-type components for various industries. With a strong heritage based on the legacy names – Bryant, Cincinnati, Cranfield Precision, Daisho, Gardner, Giustina, and Landis, Fives offers a complete range of grinding machines, plus a comprehensive line of systems, grinding accessories and GrinderCare service program for lifecycle support.
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (MET) assume the responsibility for machine projects from power-on to shipping. Our MET’s inspect machines, testing for quality, appearance, and performance of electrical, hydraulic and mechanical operating mechanisms including all types of control systems. Overseeing machine set-up, start-up and perform studies to ensure customer specifications and requirements are met; working with engineers in the design and order requirements during the entire process. METs provide education to customers and co-workers to ensure machine is properly set up prior to grinding; utilizing knowledge of machinery to achieve results.
** Education and Experiences**
- Responsible for all mechanical, electrical, electronic, and software control system set-up, start-up, inspection, and adjustments on machine systems.
- Document and compile data required by both customer and company during and after the inspection process.
- Operation and maintenance of instrumentation for the analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of machines and identified problems; completes machine vibration analysis and report.
- Load and/or download software required to enable machine control systems to perform functions required to complete grinding cycle. Performs machine capability studies; programs and qualifies data collection systems to analyze data.
- Verifies, edits and changes control logic; verifies, troubleshoots, repairs and adjusts electronic control systems that control machine operations.
- Directs work of others, mainly assembly floor technicians, on machine start-up, set-up, qualification, and machine hitlist and quality documentation book resolutions.
- Technical assistance for the setup technicians in preparing the machine for grinding.
- Statistical data knowledge and expertise required to set-up the grinding machines to meet customer specifications and requirements; analyze data and provide help and/or recommendations to achieve results.
- Works in conjunction with both mechanical and control engineers in design of machine operation, machine order requirements, and customer requirements; interfaces with customer personnel both in-house and at customer plants.
- Provides education to customers and Landis employees on instrumentation as required.
- Assists in the management of, participation in, or completion of special and/or developmental projects under the direction of manufacturing management.
- Operates and maintains instrumentation necessary to test development prototypes and collects data for development projects.
- Requires minimum of an associate degree in engineering or electronics; or approved equivalent degree or experience.
- Requires minimum of two years of on-the-job training and exposure to the Landis manufacturing processes.
- Analytical ability required to sift through facts and opinions, combine and organize existing procedures to develop structured approach; judgment is required in selection of design, components, etc., based on interacting criteria.
- Required working knowledge of computer systems and application to machine controls.
- Must travel to customer locations as required for installation, service, demo and training or as needed.
- Ability to deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, be accountable for actions, and maintain confidentiality while supporting company values.
- Must possess excellent communication skills; verbal and writing.
- Problem-solving and analytics skills.
- Strong work ethic, regular attendance, and timeliness are essential.
** General information**
** Reference number**
2021-1782 ** Job opening category**
** Location site**
Fives Landis Corp. - Landis