Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
This Mechanical Engineer plans and designs complex manufacturing processes in an industrial plant. The engineer has full technical responsibility for planning, organizing, and conducting independent technical projects for the engineering support of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly and material handling.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide complex advisory support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of manufacturing operations.
- Conceive and plan projects involving major production activities, exploration of product and/or process problems, and the definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in manufacturing operations.
- Conduct independent technical investigations involving the application of complex technical principles.
- Evaluate test and production data, prepare technical analysis, and recommend manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Coordinate complex technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, Engineering Change Notices, rework, and manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
- Coordinate with other technical support personnel.
- Assign work to drafters and technicians, technical writers, engineering technicians and machine shop personnel as required.
- Provide work leadership for lower-level employees.
WHAT DRIVES SUCCESS:
Having the right qualifications is only a part of what it takes to be a successful employee. At Lennox International, we believe in following a set of behaviors and competencies to achieve your full potential. In this position, it is vital that you embody these core competencies:
- Situational Adaptability: You flex your approach and demeanor to suit various scenarios. You successfully shift gears as new developments and competing priorities arise – balancing routine tasks, urgent action items, and long-term projects is second nature for you.
- Decision Quality:You make thoughtful and timely decisions with the best interest of the organization in mind, prioritizing and organizing key deliverables and ensuring stakeholder buy in.
- Drives Results: You show pride in “getting the job done” with a bias for action, going above and beyond to ensure your responsibilities have been met. During high pressure moments, you work diligently to meet deadlines and show value in your work.
What We Are Looking For:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in industrial or manufacturing engineering.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of industrial and manufacturing engineer experience.
- Six Sigma/LEAN manufacturing experience strongly desired; Six Sigma certification a plus
- Strong understanding of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Requires knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Requires expert knowledge of mechanical and manufacturing theory and design.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Technical Skills:
- Experience with analytical and CAD software
- Prior experience with SAP
- Strong Microsoft Office experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Lennox, we realize that our greatest assets are our employees. This is why we are committed to providing limitless opportunities for growth and development of all of our employees, largely promoting from within the organization. Lennox offers employees a variety of flexible work options, as outlined in Lennox’s FlexWork guidelines, including the potential opportunity for remote work for select positions. This role is currently designated as 100% on-site.
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent medical plans designed to support healthy lifestyles
- Mental and financial health programs
- Outstanding 401k with company matching
- Employee stock purchase program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Robust employee assistance program
- And much, much more!
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
Here at Lennox, we believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to build workplaces that reflect the communities where we live and work, support the growth and development of each team member as they strive to reach their full potential, and empower them to be their authentic selves. Lennox is an equal opportunity employer.