Total Safety is looking for a Maintenance Technician I to add to their safety conscious team! Total Safety is a dynamic organization known throughout the industry for our commitment to customer service, integrity, and quality. We are a successful growing company now 30 years strong.
The S&S Asset Management System (SSAMS) Team is in need of a Maintenance Support Technician to support business inventory management systems installed, repaired, and maintained on-site at customer facilities. SSAMS systems include (not limited to): Industrial Vending Machines, Asset Management Applications, Fuel Management Systems, and Cellular Networking equipment.
We are looking for an individual who is very strong with customer service, who is very resourceful, confident, technical savvy, and who takes pride in professional grade quality of work.
About Total Safety
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management. Our Core Values are People, Safety & Wellbeing, Accountability, Responsibility, Empowerment, Honesty, Transparency, and Integrity.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. (Associates Degree preferred)
• Previous hands-on experience in a support role a plus
• Field work experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• High quality, detail-oriented approach
• Possess strong problem-solving skills
• Warm & Friendly Demeanor
• Excellent Phone, Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Able to communicate clearly and confidently with customers
• Proven Ability to Work with Little or No Supervision
• Be Honest and have integrity
• Be reliable and punctual
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends for new installations and occasionally, some evenings as well
• Ability to drive and/or travel to remote locations (Clean DMV record is a must)
• Ability to repair and replace defective industrial parts
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
• Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Hardware Maintenance
o Perform 2nd level troubleshooting for vending machine issues.
o Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
o Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
o Install special functional and structural parts in devices.
o Lubricate and clean parts.
o Start up and operate devices to test their performance.
o Remove and reinstall defective parts as needed.
2. Software Maintenance
o Perform troubleshooting and work with 3rd party support when needed.
o Install and update database as needed.
o Install and update software applications as needed.
o Perform add, removes, and changes. (e.g. locations, users, items, bins)
o Respond to internal and external customers via email, messaging, and phone calls.
o Be available for after hour work to provide support, when and as needed.
o Perform special projects and tasks for Department Leads and Manager.
4. Project Support
o Participate in project meetings and assist in project task when necessary.