General Summary of Purpose:
Assists in performing general repair associated with all aspects of a building/warehouse setting including, but not limited to: Conveyors, carton sorters, warehouse racking, dock equipment, simple forklifts, plumbing and carpentry. Assists in installation of all types of building components and warehouse equipment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in repairing, installation and relocation of conveyor belts and racking. This can include transferring and moving objects that may weigh up to 200 pounds in cooperation with other individuals
- Assists in performing general maintenance of equipment including simple forklifts, conveyor, dock levelers, trailer restraints and other equipment
- Responds to maintenance calls/requests in a timely manner under general supervision. Dismantles equipment/machines and makes proper repair. Verifies corrections before task or job is complete
- Performs general painting of walls, furniture and miscellaneous items as necessary
- Performs preventive maintenance on assigned equipment
- Completes work order documentation and submits to Maintenance Team Leader in a timely manner
- Conducts all work activities in a safe manner
- Cleans all areas as needed to maintain a safe work environment
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Assists with repairs and installation of plumbing, including faucets, and clearing drain clogs
- Assists with repairs and construction of walls, shelves and cabinets
- Delivers parts as needed
- Installs, disassembles and moves new and existing furniture and modular cubicles
- Performs snow removal utilizing proper equipment such as shovel and snow blower
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Conducts all work activities in compliance with OSHA regulations
- Ability to climb ladders of all types to access roof and ceiling
- Requires knowledge and ability to operate and handle all varieties of hand and power tools
- Ability to use hand and electrical tools
- Ability to communicate and understand English in written, verbal or sign form
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating equipment, as set forth by the OTC certification standards
- Must provide own hand tools
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum one year experience in any aspect of manual labor and maintenance is preferred
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license and driving record in accordance with OTC standards is required for operation of company vehicles
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to walk frequently, use elevators and climb open grate stairways
- Ability to work rotational weekend shifts while being on call the entire weekend.
Handles and operates hand and power tools utilized in routine construction work; operates forklifts;
Description of Working Conditions
Work takes place in a typical office environment that may require sitting for extended periods of time and/or frequent use of finger dexterity.
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
Click on the “Home” tab
Click on “Current Job Opportunities”
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company (a Berkshire Hathaway company) is the nation’s largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of teaching supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. Founded in 1932 by a Japanese American, the Oriental Trading' history of fun spans the better part of the last century. Today, Oriental Trading offers more than 60,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches, businesses and nonprofits. With a corporate vision to “Make Life More Fun,” Oriental Trading spreads joy and smiles to millions each year through a robust family of brands; orientaltrading.com, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers, Morris Costumes and halloweenexpress.com.